Monday, August 28, 2006

43

"I have a dream, that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: 'We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal.'
I have a dream that one day on the red hills of Georgia the sons of former slaves and the sons of former slave-owners will be able to sit down together at a table of brotherhood. I have a dream that my four children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.
I have a dream today."

Martin Luther King, Jr.,
August 28th, 1963,
On the steps of the Lincoln Memorial in Washington, D.C., addressing more than 200,000 people attending the March on Washington.
In the year after the March on Washington, the American civil rights movement achieved two of its greatest successes: the ratification of the 24th Amendment to the Constitution, which abolished the poll tax which was a barrier to poor African American voters; and the passage of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, which outlawed racial discrimination in employment and education and racial segregation in public facilities.

I'm jus saying..

No comments: